James Firth, MA (Oxon), MSc, FCIHort, MPGCA, FRGS.
I studied Botany at Oxford University, and followed this with a Masters degree at London University in Botany, Soil Science, and Microclimatology.
I have worked in professional Garden Design and Landscaping since 1983, since 1984 as founder and owner of Firth Gardens.
- Fully accredited member of the Professional Garden Consultants Association.
- Fellow and Committee member of the Chartered Institute of Horticulture.
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
- Member of the British Ecological Society
- Royal Horticultural Society's Garden Design and Planning Courses Level 2 and 3 at Capel Manor College, also for the English Heritage Historic and Botanic Garden Trainees Program.
- Foundation Degree modules in Garden Design Advanced Design Construction for Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester.
- City & Guilds Horticultural apprenticeship at Southwark College and Camden College
Please see the following pages for garden design , expert witness, consultancy , and garden coaching, or contact James here.
Firth Gardens (estd 1984) is based in West London. At present we focus exclusively on high quality domestic gardens predominantly in the S.E. of England.
We work in town and the country, and are used to all scales and all elements of domestic garden and estate work including:
- Obtaining necessary permissions.
- Site preparation and clearance.
- Service installation and foundations.
- Patios and walls.
- Pergolas, decks, and other woodwork.
- Irrigation, lighting, automation and remote controls.
- Plant sourcing, planting and turfing.
- Garden restoration
Contact Firth Gardens here.